Verde Edge Consulting Ltd, wishes to recruit a Pharmacy Technologist on behalf of our client, a growing retail Pharmacy chain based in Karen Nairobi.
Key objective / Purpose of the Job: Process and dispense prescriptions accurately while providing excellent customer service and ensure smooth running of the pharmacy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Dispense prescriptions accurately.
- Communicate with prescribers any time a prescription order is unclear or potentially harmful for a patient.
- Ensure patients’ safety by checking for potentially dangerous drug interactions.
- Counsel patients on proper medication use and their potential side effects
- Giving drug information to users/clients
- Checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level
- Anticipating needed medications and supplies and placing and receiving orders from stores
- Collecting data on Medication errors, near misses and interventions and submitting on a monthly basis.
- Perform administrative tasks including proper documentation, adequate inventory management and generation of adequate reports
- Keep up to date on drug approvals, product recalls and ensure compliance with regulatory authority.
Education Experience & Skills
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution.
- Valid and up to date registration license by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy Chemist/hospital.
- Unquestionable integrity and good team player.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good listener, speak to customers in a pleasant and cheerful way.
- Attention to detail, paying close attention to duties and ensure safety of customers.
- Organization, balance their duties to pharmacists and customers.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills in the problem-solving process.
Salary budget ksh 30,000 to 40,000 per month
Send CVs only to email@example.com : Subject Pharmacy Technologist by 21st March 2019.