Job Summary: Establishes engineering network status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 5 years
Reports to: General Manager, Operations
Responsible for (Direct reports): Engineer
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
- Assist in ensuring that all operational engineering network systems are running and functioning well and are up-to date.
- Formulate network management standards and policies
- Assist in overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals and direct the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Assist in Developing action plans and oversee the implementation of network & operational standards
- Assist in handling the strategy and execution of Network infrastructure for the organization.
- Configure and maintain the core network equipment.
- Assist in Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problems in the performance of the network for clients and internal users.
- Troubleshooting and solving network problems.
- Provide technical support to end-users regarding supplied hardware and software.
- Install, test, certify and troubleshoot networking cabling systems.
- Commissioning client premises equipment.
- Providing technical expertise to end-users regarding optimal set-up for software, hardware and network use.
- Installing, configure, monitor and troubleshoot a wide range of network and data communications software and hardware.
- Assist in supervising contractors in the implementation of the networks.
- Analyze computer- and network-related problems reported by end-users and Diagnose the most effective method to resolve the problem and implements the solution;
- Assist in Maintaining and troubleshooting the FON Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), data communications and all peripheral equipment
- Configuring and installing software and equipment in response to the demands of a complex network design.
- Train end-users on the use and features of the various operating systems and applications on the various platforms.
- Perform primary network system administration on network equipment as needed.
- Ensure that the direct reports use established tracking system to log requests; monitor progress, track problem resolution and give report to the GM, Operations
- Assist in Identifying patterns of failure, researches bug fixes and implements solutions; communicates with the supervisor regarding unresolved problems.
- Assist in enforcing the organisation’s network security and installation procedures.
- Assist in the training of all staff in the Regional offices on the Network systems.
- Assist in ensuring compliance of regulatory issues
- Assist in preparing operational and risk reports for management analysis.
- Accountable for information security, assess the risk of confidential information being misused, create safeguards and maintain the information security program through regular testing.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure optimum performance of the network
- Any other duties as required by the Head of Engineering
Performance Measures and Targets:
- Ensuring update reports in clear and simple manner.
- Assist in ensuring timely preparation of annual departmental financial and technical performance reports.
- Ensuring transparency in all Engineering & Operating systems
- Systematic resolution of faults and client issues. This is measured by the turnaround time and accurate reporting
- Good rapport with the 3rd party suppliers
- Good relation with the clients
- Good working relation and co-operation with staff members
- Good rand regular reporting.
- Ticket generation and closing
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly reports to the GM, Operations
- Assist in making the Quarterly Reports to the CEO
- Weekly, Monthly System checks and reporting to the Head of Engineering
- 5 years of experience as a Principle Engineer in a busy telecommunications organisation
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering
- Professional: Registration with Professional Engineers (ARB)
Specialist knowledge required:
- Knowledge of various Engineering Operating software
- Knowledge of Programming and well versed with current IT solutions
- Knowledge of Hardware and software systems
- Knowledge of Networks, network administration and Installation
- Knowledge of standard desktop application
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of industry changes in regards to issues affecting engineering
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Desktop computer/Laptop
- Tools & Equipments
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.