Job Advert for Programme Manager
The Role: The purpose of this role is to track the delivery of agreed project results and KPIs across all projects. The manager will ensure that donor standards are reached in the implementation of the project and that the implementation of the project aligns with NAYA’s vision and mission.
The manager will be based in Kisumu.
The Manager will be responsible for;
- Coordination of the projects; ensuring that the activities in all projects are aligned and implemented efficiently and effectively, in order to meet agreed project specific targets and deliver good
value for money.
- Provide technical support in the preparation, review and periodic revision of detailed project-specific implementation plans,
- Monitor and respond to partner performance and be responsible for driving communication between the projects, and across the programme.
- Support the Executive Director in the management of Stakeholder relations and engagement – the project works closely with the Ministry of Health at the national and county levels in addition to working with the donor and other partners.
The contract is renewable annually based on performance.
Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Develop a calendar for project activities; keep track of agreed action plans; maintain track of progress made against planned actions and identify areas for escalating to the project staff for
- Do the preparatory work for the annual work planning and consolidation of draft activity plans and budgets from consortium partners into one project plan; and analysing them for alignment with the technical proposal and project deliverables.
- Represent the organisation whenever delegated by the Executive Director.
Monitoring and Data Management
- Monitor project Specific Implementation System for tracking project performance that will include (but not limited to); a monthly performance dashboard of the project’s technical and financial Key Performance Indicators and Log frame indicators.
- Work with programme staff to review monthly and quarterly reports that are aligned with project deliverables; obtain monthly performance reports from programme staff within the stipulated time-frame; analyse performance trends and identify areas that require remedial action ahead of the management review meetings.
- Work with the PMLE team to ensure that outcome harvesting is conducted every quarter for each project.
Compliance and Documentation
- With guidance from the Executive Director, the Programme Manager will develop a calendar and tracker for all project reporting requirements and key compliance areas and disseminate these among all programme staff; and that all required reports are submitted on time.
- Manage the donor report writing process by collating high quality draft narratives that use donor compliant language, from programme staff; performing the initial formatting and editing of the draft report before review by the Executive Director and all the relevant MSI internal reviewers – within the stipulated time frame.
- Monitor actual expenditure against budget to ensure alignment with work plans, delivery milestones and donor requirements..
- Establish an orderly and up to date filing system for key project documents (including the donor agreement, budget, log frame, technical and financial donor reports and relevant donor correspondence).
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the project Director in support of achieving project deliverables.
- Strong fundraising skills
Qualifications, Skills and Experience (essential/ desirable)
- Minimum four years’ work experience especially in NGO
- Demonstrable experience multiple projects (essential)
- Experience in writing donor reports, including narrative and results matrices (essential)
- Experience leading or working in cross-functional teams or inter-departmental teams (desirable)
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills (essential)
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office package (essential)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills (essential)
- Bachelors degree in Public Health, Economic, Community Development or related subject or equivalent proven employment experience (essential)
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above and is interested, please send a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of three referees, two of whom must be professional referees and one other.
Similarly, include the expected salary.
All these should reach the undersigned through email address email@example.com.
Send your application by COB March 15, 2019.
Your application should have referenced as follows: REF: PROGRAMME MANAGER