Our client, an agricultural production startup venture based in Johannesburg, South Africa is seeking to hire a Project Manager on a three (3) years contract.
Reporting to the Executive director, the project manager will oversee the dairy livestock management, horticulture, dairy products processing; fish farming; mushroom farming; infrastructure and logistics units.
Job Purpose: Overall responsibility of project activities, staff and finance including programme development, Implementation, production, infrastructure, marketing and logistics units.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall management of the project to meet business obligations and generate profit.
- Ensure seamless coordination and management of all activities and resources on the farm
- Design and develop annual business plans for the company which meets the supply needs/requirements for clients for all goods produced on the Farm.
- Prepare project’s business budgets for the company in liaison with respective production team leaders for approval by the Company Board of Directors.
- Prepare programme/project narrative reports for approval by Executive Director
- Liaise with current and potential clients for new orders.
- Prepare monitoring and Evaluation framework and systems for the organization
- Develop and keep a database of all products and sales
- Identify business needs (staff and resources) for project optimization and scale-up
- Assist in identifying service providers where needed in liaison with the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree /Diploma in agricultural economics, agribusiness management or any other relevant field
- 5 years’ experience in management of agriculture focused projects in a farm set up.
- Knowledge of agronomic principles and practices,
- High level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to communicate with and lead a diverse workforce.
- Willingness to relocate to South Africa
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to email@example.com clearly quoting ‘Project Manager’ on the email subject not later than 2nd April, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.