Introduction: Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is a global development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history. We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services, supplies, and economic empowerment for youth.
In order to address young adolescents’ SRHR needs and situation, DSW is implementing the, “Holistic Action Project for young Adolescents (HAPA) aiming to increase SRHR knowledge, skills and access to services among young adolescents in primary schools in Kilifi and West Pokot Counties”.
The project is co-funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
DSW seeks to recruit a Project Officer.
Based in: West Pokot County
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Overall Goal: The Project Officer supports the Kenya Programs and Projects department in successfully implementing the Holistic Action project for Young Adolescents (HAPA) and other Programme goals.
She /he is responsible for project implementation, activity coordination & mobilisation, coordination of young adolescent clubs in schools, engagement with Youth Empowerment Centres and other key partners in the project area to ensure the realisation of project objectives.
Areas of responsibility for the position include:
The HAPA project implementation in West Pokot County.
- Lead the implementation of all project activities in the project area in liaison with the Programmes Coordinator.
- Lead the preparation and execution of project costed work plans & budgets.
- Undertake periodic project reviews and reflections.
- Undertake regular visits to project areas to backstop challenges and ensure project implementation is on course.
- Lead for the preparation of quality and timely project reports in accordance with the project document.
- In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator, build and strengthen strategic networks and linkages with key actors including decision makers, existing advocacy networks within the project areas and link these efforts with County level actions.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings at the county and ensure the county level issues inform national level advocacy for ASRH.
- Ensure effective collaboration and coordination of key project partners, including School clubs, YECs, service providers and Government officials at county levels for attainment of project results.
- Lead the generation and documentation of gender disaggregated data and gender sensitive good practises for lesson learned and knowledge sharing.
- Support the resource mobilisation efforts to ensure continued resourcing of DSW Programmes.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences or related field.
- Relevant training in Project Management, participatory methodologies, gender mainstreaming and related fields an added advantage.
- Must have prior working experience of not less than 3 years in an NGO setting.
- Good understanding of gender programming, Reproductive health and young adolescents programming.
- Good networking and capacity building skills, good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Micro Soft Office.
- Ability to work independently and also within a team.
- Ability to work with and understand the youth while maintaining professionalism is also key.
- High level of personal integrity.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “Project Officer” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: April 4, 2019 COB
Ideal start date: Immediately
We are looking forward to receive your application.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.