Role: Chief Revenue Officer
If you thrive in working in a dynamic environment where the demands are high, where you will be challenged every day and where you will get to deliver solutions that positively impact millions of farmers, then this role is for you!
What Pula Offers:
Become an early team member of a VC backed technology company that has provided insurance and agronomy solutions to over 800,000 smallholder farmers across 8 countries in 2018.
Change the story of farming in Africa. They were the first to deliver agriculture insurance in many of the countries they work in, and have given farmers confidence, professionalism and pride. This is a chance to be part of that story.
They pride themselves in operational excellence, both in terms of technology as well as in their field operations and interactions with farmers. You will be part of an exceptional and award-winning team that will help you raise the bar and deliver what has never been done before.
Market competitive compensation based on sales quota with the opportunity to double your remuneration when you reach quarterly sales quota.
About the role
Pula is looking for a Chief Revenue Officer.
This is an exceptional individual with a proven track record in developing new business, selling business value, insurance solutions and professional services to Executive levels – CEO, CFO, Sales and Marketing leaders and functional practitioners.
- Research, prepare and execute a sales plan focused on delivering new recurring revenue through partnerships with agro-input companies and the public sector
- Think strategically about which accounts to target and come up with creative solutions to get customers to engage. You are expected to qualify opportunities, know which deals to work on, and which ones to pass on
- Be an outstanding external spokesperson for the company, its values and products. You will have the authority to prepare as well as negotiate commercial proposals
- Progress prospects through a defined sales process to eventual contracting and implementation. Manage the handover of new customers to the operations team for the implementation of the solution
- Generate new sales by creating new opportunities and nurture leads via leveraging existing relationships and building new relationships across industries from scratch
- Build a commercial team across the target countries of operation that will be the flywheel of growth
- Provide market feedback to product development, technology and operations teams based on customer feedback
Desired Candidate Profile
Does this sound like you?
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in strong demonstrable sales or consulting in the area of agriculture, preferably in the seed/fertilizer/agrochemical industry
- You have an Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- You have knowledge and understanding of dealing with C-suite executives with excellent communication and presentation skills, integrity and impeccable professionalism
- You are data driven and able to convey the potential of data driven marketing to a sector that has traditionally had very little access to data
- You are comfortable working against a sales quota target
- You have experience building sales systems and processes from scratch and implementing them
- You have experience building and leading a high-performing team
- You will be able to understand the basic principles of behavioral economics and how they apply to the agricultural and rural markets
- You have strong quantitative and excellent Excel skills at a minimum
- You enjoy travelling across Africa and building relationships across sectors and disciplines
- Knowledge and background in Insurance is an advantage
Please use this link to apply: https://goo.gl/6vX7GH