Our client is an established restaurant in Westlands area of Nairobi.
They seek to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person in the position of a Restaurant Manager.
The ideal candidate will ensure that the clients receive excellent service and quality products in the restaurant areas and outlets, and that the restaurant department achieves its objectives within the set budget.
- Implement an efficient and effective organizational structure.
- Maintain accurate costing on an ongoing basis of consumption in the restaurant.
- In conjunction with the Directors, participate in the formulation of the annual operating budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses.
- Ensure operating equipment requirements are in line with the compilation of the annual business plan.
- Be constantly aware of new business opportunities and action these.
- Recommend menu improvements and changes according to client demand and sales history analysis.
- Establish and strictly adhere to the par-stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- Ensure that the minimum operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the departmental operations manual.
- Take a personal interest in the client’s satisfaction and establish a rapport with clients.
- Ensure highest standard quality and variation in F&B, within the set budget.
- Ensure first class presentation of food and drinks in restaurant areas.
- Monitor that all staff approaches the clients in a pleasant, courteous and professional way, take corrective actions if required.
- Train the team members and ensure that they follow the laid down work procedures
- Orient and plan work in areas of responsibility, overview and authorize roistering of staff within areas of responsibility.
- Highlight to management possibilities to improve work methods, procedures, equipment, services etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience in a busy and reputable restaurant.
- Experience in training and coaching of restaurant staff on a regular basis and perform refresher courses as well as appraisals.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled in managing customer complaints.
- Computer and hospitality systems proficiency
- Keen attention to details.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria set above for this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “RESTAURANT MANAGER” on the subject line.
Applications must be received by EoD 20th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you don’t hear from us by 30th April, consider your application unsuccessful.