Job Title: Regional General Manager – Retail Business
Location: Within East Africa
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is in retail business and they seek to hire a Regional General Manager who will have the overall responsibility for one of their East Africa subsidiary offices.
He/She should be willing to work outside Kenya but within East Africa.
She/he will be responsible for meeting the company’s ambitious growth plans and maximizing its profits.
Role Summary: We are looking for a General Manager who is capable of delivering high quality service in a consistent and a consultative manner to all levels of staff and departments. He/She will be responsible for overseeing and improving the overall processes and policies e.g. procurement and delivery of the goods to the various outlets.
He/She should be familiar with KPIs from Retail business and experienced in implementing the necessary control mechanisms.
- Lead the further development of the company’s business model and ensure sustainability and growth
- Responsible for the company’s strategic alliances and partnerships
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Direct the activities and productivity of the organization
- Successful implementation of company policies
- Set strategic priorities for all departments
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations of the organization
- Assume full responsibility for budgets and tracking expenditures
- Develop, establish and regularly adapt the company’s strategy and business plan in coordination with the department heads and in accordance with the holding
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field of study. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years work experience, preferable in a renown wholesale/retail company
- Experience in analyzing retail relevant data and setting up relevant KPIs for a retail business
- Familiar with inventory controls and other control mechanisms for managing multiple outlets and warehouses
- Outstanding management skills
- Experience in developing/emerging markets; preferable a high level of intercultural competence
- Dynamic personality with ability to take initiative to make a difference and eager to achieve high targets
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and coach teams
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English. Knowledge of a second language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Regional General Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday 11th March 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.