Job Advert: Sales Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job: Assist the commercial director in all sales functions in order to meet the company’s goal of revenue growth. The individual will be responsible for maximizing the corporate team’s potential, crafting sales plans, creating opportunities and working closely with the team in order to achieve the set sectional / departmental goals.
Reporting Relationship: The position reports to the commercial director
- Achieve growth and hit the set sales targets by successfully managing the sales and customer care team.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas and projecting expected sales volume for all products
- Planning and implementing suitable strategies for the sales team to attract customers
- Coordinating daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly by assigning tasks to individuals depending on their capabilities.
- Helping the commercial director Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives by preparing the sales reports on time.
- Evaluating employee performance and identify training needs
- Making sure that customers enquiries are responded to promptly
- Coaching and supporting new and existing Sales executives on a continuous basis
- Analysing consumer behaviour and advising the commercial director for product repositioning purposes
- Making sure all sales employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Communicating sales team needs and concerns to the commercial director
- Ensuring team work is adhered to within the sales department
- Making sure that the offices runs smoothly in the absence of the commercial director
- Continuously, update all the presentation materials used by the sales executives and check that our sales /marketing literature /content is updated at all times.
- Helping sales executives to compile tenders
- Tracking sales expenses by tracking, consolidating, analysing, and summarizing expenses; forwarding for reimbursement
- Keeping the commercial director well posted on all things happening in the department
- Attending to any other work related duties delegated to by the commercial director or as duty dictates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Administration or Sales from a recognized university
- 3-5 years’ consecutive working experience in a in a sales role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Commercial/ business acumen
- Team player
- Emotional intelligence
- Leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons to send their CVs (only) quoting job title and the current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th March 2019.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.