Save the Children
Job Title: Regional Supply Chain Intern
Team / Programme: Regional Procurement Unit
Location: East Africa Regional Office – Nairobi
Type of Contract: National
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Role Purpose: The Regional Procurement Unit is a part of Save the Children’s East Africa Regional Office.
The Supply Chain intern will provide support to the Regional Procurement Coordinator and other members of the Regional Procurement Unit Team
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Regional Procurement Coordinator
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 8 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Ethiopia) with a current staff complement of approximately 3500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $200 million each year
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability:
1. Assist the Regional Procurement Coordinator in ensuring that filing functions of the RPU is done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Filing of all general correspondences.
- Filing of procurement related documents.
2. Assist in the procurement functions of the RPU.
- Assist in processing PR/PO and ensuring signing of the same is done in a timely manner and all supporting documentation is in place.
- Assist in updating the procurement tracker on a weekly basis.
- Assist in receiving deliveries of goods from the supplier and doing relevant inspection.
- Receiving and confirmation of all supplier invoices and attaching supporting documentation for onward payment processing.
3. Assist in Warehousing and Dispatch.
- Assist in preparation of Goods in transit for dispatch.
- Assist in filling in the relevant documentation required for dispatch of goods
- Liaising with transporter, clearing and forwarding agent to ensure timely dispatch of goods
4. Assist in Conducting Assessments.
- Assist with preparation of Questioners for relevant assessment that RPU will be conducting.
- Assist in dispatch/sending of the questioners and managing correspondence with the interviewees.
- Assist with compilation of the reports.
5. Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
Qualifications and Experience
- A Logistics trainee who wishes to gain some practical experience
- Degree in Logistics, procurement or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Interested applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the above URL.
The advert will close on 25th March 2019.