Key Account Manager – Process Automation – East Africa
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is a global company leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.
We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
About the Role
In this position you will be responsible for the sale of the complete Schneider Electric Process Automation portfolio (DCS, Safety Systems, PLC, SCADA, Cyber Security) in Kenya and East Africa. This includes products, services and solutions for different sectors: Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, Water and Waste Water and Food & Beverage.
This appointment is vital to the generation of our business future within the territory of East Africa, this role will develop, implement and execute the commercial business strategy for business development within the Schneider Electric Process Automation East African territory, specifically Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
The individual appointed to the role of Key Account Manager will work collaboratively across borders and industry sectors both internally and externally to Schneider Electric.
The Key Account Manager will communicate our vision, inspire and motivate customers and prospects to drive profitable and sustainable business growth.
You will be the first point of contact for existing and new customers. You will maintain an excellent relationship with your customers, which will allow you to understand their specific requests, business processes and needs. You work with various sales channels like the end customers, EPCs, system integrators and consultancy firms.
Your responsibilities will include among other things:
- Developing, maintaining and expanding lasting professional customer relations by means of regular customer visits and participation in customer events.
- Proactively taking on key positions in order to obtain budgeted orders from these customers.
- Negotiating price and conditions with the customer.
- Having current knowledge of the market readily available by developing and maintaining market and product developments up to date, gaining insight in customer structures and organizations, and identifying and following up on opportunities with customers.
- Analyzing customer needs and elaborating offers both independently and in cooperation with the solutions/sales support team.
- Coordinating the preparation of quotes in cooperation with the proposal group.
- Coordinating technical support for customers.
- You have completed a relevant technical master degree (electronics or industrial automation).
- You have at least 8 years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in the Oil & Gas and/or Power sectors.
- You have proven experience in the sale of technical solutions and concepts.
- You combine commercial insight with a result-oriented attitude, while applying the required interpersonal skills.
- A good command of both oral and written English.
- A driver’s license is required.
- You have solid experience & understanding of the East Africa Market
How to Apply