Our client if a food manufacturing company in Nairobi.
They seek to recruit an experienced person in the position of Senior Accountant.
She/he will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization’s accounting function, build and manage effective and streamlined administrative / financial systems.
Prior experience working in an FMCG manufacturing environment a plus.
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly & annual financial reports.
- Coordinate all auditing activities-internal & external.
- Ensure that all ledger accounts, financial statements and cost control systems are operating effectively.
- Ensure financial record systems are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- File all company taxes correctly & ensure the company is tax compliant.
- Review, analyse and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Formulate a payment plan by observing the nature of incoming cash versus operations payment needs.
- Prepare company’s expected & actual financial performance report.
- Oversee stock taking and ensure all stock information is correctly posted in the system.
- Administer proper filing of all documents-internal & external documents.
- Review all suppliers & customer invoices and ensure they are all posted correctly and VAT is well captured.
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies and drive continuous improvement.
- Coordinate monthly closing process during stock takes and aim to have minimal stock discrepancies.
- Degree in accounting/finance.
- Must be a CPA-K or ACCA holder
- At least 5 years work experience in as a senior accountant in an FMCG company
- Proficiency in accounting software tools like Tally and QuickBooks
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system and policy updates.
- Team leadership skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are advised to send their applications clearly quoting “SENIOR ACCOUNTANT” on the email subject head to email@example.com so as to reach us on before 10th April, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.