The National Museums of Kenya (NMK) is a state corporation established by an Act of Parliament, the National Museums and Heritage Act, 2006 No. 6 of 2006. NMK is a multi-disciplinary institution whose role is to collect, preserve, study, document and present Kenya’s past and present cultural and natural heritage. This is for the purposes of enhancing knowledge, appreciation, respect and sustainable utilization of these resources for the benefit of Kenya and the world, for now and posterity.
It is in line with the need to realize the above mandate that NMK management is seeking to recruit suitable and qualified persons to fill the following positions whose holders will be based at NMK headquarters.
Senior Audio Visual / Media Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
The position holder will report to the Director Administration and Human Resource and will be required to:
- Plan, organize, control and co-ordinate media activities
- Handle correspondence relating to media issues
- Compile appropriate data and reports
- Maintain audio visual equipment
- Performance management and capacity building of media personnel
- Prepare budget for the section
- Research and plan media use in exhibitions in all museums
- Any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Have served in the position of Audio Visual/Media Officer I or a comparable position in a reputable organization for a period of at least three (3) years
- Have at least a Masters Degree in Mass Communication/Electronics Engineering or its equivalent
- Must have shown merit and ability in their job performance
- Be computer literate
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable.
Qualified and interested applicants may apply enclosing a detailed resume, copies of academic and professional certificates plus testimonials, names and addresses of referees.
The applications should be addressed to:
National Museums of Kenya,
P.O. Box 40658-00100,
OR e-mail: email@example.com
so as to be received not later than 19th April, 2019.
Applicants are required to submit their applications alongside clearances from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Directorate of Criminal Investigation, Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
NMK is an equal opportunities employer.