Senior Auditor – Kisumu
Our Client is a fast growing, high quality, professional audit & advisory firm, located in Kisumu & Nairobi, Kenya.
In line with their rapid expansion, they’re looking for candidates who are committed and responsible to join the audit team.
The role reports to the Partners / Directors and supervises Audit Seniors/Consultants on various assignments at any one time.
The applicant should be ready to lead assignments and will take a lead role in the firm’s business development initiatives.
The role will provide excellent career progression for the right person.
Salary: Ksh 100,000 – 150,000
- Team Leader – Planning, leading, managing and supervising execution of external audit and other accounting / advisory engagements. Assisting with the setting of budgets and deadlines and ensuring that audit and other assignments are completed within these limits. Reviewing audit / accounting / advisory work and finally signing-off on delivery reports.
- Communication – Regular meetings with clients to obtain updates on their business, discussing issues and presenting audit findings.
- Staff Supervision – Setting objectives (goal-setting) with the audit team, providing support and coaching for more junior staff, and giving them constructive feedback on their performance.
- Quality Control – Ensuring quality audit work and client service.
- Client Relationship – Communicating with clients as well as the internal accounting and audit departments of clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service.
- Portfolio Management – Ensuring the set project recovery levels are met, audit fees are billed and collected on time.
- Business Development – Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA, ACA) with at least 4 years audit experience with a reputable audit firm, of which 2 years are in managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Strong business awareness and an ability to identify audit issues arising from transactions.
- Technically good knowledge of modern auditing methodologies, ISAs and IFRSs.
- Good working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws
- Excellent supervision, communication and ICT skills (especially knowledge of Draft Worx, QuickBooks).
- An additional qualification in ICT will be advantageous.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates that meets the criteria set above should send their applications to email@example.com clearly quoting “SENIOR AUDITOR” on the email subject line.
Applications closes on 25th March 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.