Job Title: Senior Backend Software Engineer
Gross Salary: competitive
Our client is a new entrant into cab hailing service in Kenya.
They seek to hire a Senior Backend Engineer to become an integral part of our team!
As a Senior Backend Engineer, we expect you to use your understanding of backend technologies and experience with software engineering to help build and scale the infrastructure that will power our ride sharing platform.
- Build our backend infrastructure.
- Work in sync with website and mobile apps developers to deliver cohesive and timely backend services.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Develop automated tests and maintain code quality.
- Track, diagnose, and repair application errors, performance issues, and deployment issues.
- Be involved and drive product & design discussions.
- Deliver high quality features at high velocity.
- Help us scale our infrastructure.
- Perform routine software maintenance.
- Seasoned with building backend systems at scale.
- Must have strong product design sense.
- Mastery of REST APIs and web development in general.
- Mastery of Object-Oriented programming and design and SOLID design principles.
- Ability to build a feature from scratch & drive it to completion.
- Willingness to learn new technology, whatever lets you deliver the best product.
- Worked on projects that have reached millions of customers and have individually contributed to many consumer-facing features.
- Proficient in PHP, Laravel framework, and NodeJS.
- Ability to dive into large existing projects and contribute by narrowing down and quickly understand relevant parts of the system.
- Must have a pragmatic and agnostic approach to coding, with no specific preference for any language/framework, and understanding when to (and when not to) apply certain design patterns and refactoring, based on many years of experience with several large projects.
- Proficiency with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Must be deadline and detail-oriented.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Backend Software Engineer) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th March 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. Only apply if you are qualified for the role.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted