Established in 1993, Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit organization that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives.
Based in Washington, D.C., Tanager works with partners and ACDI/VOCA family of companies to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities.
FMD Industry Expert, East Africa
Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is promptly seeking an FMD Industry Expert to provide technical expertise of FMD vaccines to the project management team for the anticipated AgResults Foot and Mouth Disease Advance Market Commitment Project (FMD AMC).
The purpose of this project is to encourage the development and uptake of improved foot and mouth disease (FMD) vaccines. The project will focus on six countries in the East Africa region – Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
This is a unique project that uses market incentives to promote advances in livestock vaccines. Project Management will be responsible for engaging with vaccine manufacturers to participate in the AMC by developing, registering and then marketing FMD vaccines.
This is anticipated to be a part-time role.
- Monitor progress with vaccine development and monitor the vaccine registration process.
- Commission and develop communications materials for use with potential buyers and vaccine users on the potential benefits of participation in the AMC.
- Meet with buyers to validate and coordinate purchases and help develop a timeline with manufacturers and buyers for orders.
- Provide research, academic, and industry information to the project regarding the present state of FMD vaccine development.
- Manage interactions with manufacturers regarding vaccine development.
- Assist the Team Leader in developing annual work plans and deliverables.
- Minimum of seven years of experience preferably in the field of livestock disease management specifically in foot and mouth disease.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Understanding of and previous experience with navigating the complex actors and systems of FMD vaccination in East Africa.
- Experience working with or for R&D units of animal health companies focused at least in part on Africa.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Applicants from African countries strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.