Established in 1993, Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit organization that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives.
Based in Washington, D.C., Tanager works with partners and ACDI/VOCA family of companies to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities.
Team Leader, East Africa
Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is promptly seeking a Team Leader for the anticipated AgResults Foot and Mouth Disease Advance Market Commitment Project. The purpose of this project is to encourage the development and uptake of improved foot and mouth disease (FMD) vaccines.
The project will focus on six countries in the East Africa region – Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. This is a unique project that uses market incentives to promote advances in livestock vaccines. Project Management will be responsible for engaging with vaccine manufacturers to participate in the AMC by developing, registering and then marketing FMD vaccines.
- Assume overall responsibility for facilitating the implementation of project, including the management of project budget and finances.
- Engage in policy-enabling activities for improved government policies that support the private sector purchases of FMD vaccines through policy landscaping, stakeholder meetings, and evidence review for facilitating policy improvement.
- Manage manufacturer sourcing and contracting.
- Meet with buyers to coordinate purchase and help develop a timeline with manufacturers and buyers. Support potential buyers in fostering demand by providing information on the forthcoming vaccine.
- Liaise effectively with private sector stakeholders, government officials, and the donor.
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual work plans to ensure project meets stated goals.
- Draft, write, and submit all program reports and deliverables in a timely manner.
- Oversee proper administrative, financial, and programmatic compliance with Tanager and donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience managing international donor funded projects, with experience in managing regional projects in East Africa preferred, and experience managing a small team with a high level of crosscutting responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, business, international development, or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating programs or projects that include public and private sector involvement.
- Proven ability to work independently; effectively manage time, competing priorities, and complex tasks; and identify opportunities and challenges and propose appropriate responses or solutions.
- Experience with positive stakeholder engagement, including the agribusiness private sector, international donors, and government officials.
- Experience overseeing monitoring and verification systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English.
- Applicants from African countries strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.