Tuskys is seeking to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of Procurement Officer – Non Merchandise.
Job Purpose / Summary: The role of the successful candidate is the development of effective and transparent procurement processes for Non-Merchandise Items, development of supplier partnerships and contract management processes so as to achieve high standards of quality, supplier performance and security of supply, continuous management of costs of supply to maintain competitive levels and to optimize value from the total procurement spend for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic sourcing of Works and Professional Services and related materials.
- Developing procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage commercial solicitations (EOI, RFI, RFP, RFQ, and ITT).
- Procurement spend value optimization.
- Managing all stock levels all inventory control related activities by executing inventory control measures.
- Responsible for cost and Quality management.
- Ensure all standards are adhered to corporate governance:
- Supply Risk Management.
- Business Contracts management.
- Performance Management & Reporting.
- Other duties/tasks from time to time as assigned by your supervisor.
- Degree in Technology, Engineering, Business or similar qualification.
- At least a Graduate Diploma Qualification in Supply chain management.
- ERP including in-depth knowledge in Materials Management Areas like Purchasing and Inventory.
- Microsoft Office productivity packages, internet and e-mail – intermediary.
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement. Significant expertise in the specialized field of Works and Service Procurement.
- Solid knowledge of cost elements and drivers of Non-Merchandise Items.
- Significant expertise in legal contract negotiations and risk management.
- Responsibility for procurement policy development, procurement performance management and supplier partnership development in an environment leveraging ERP and technological capabilities for procurement-related functions and processes
- Management Skills
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Team player with excellent influencing skills
- High level of Initiative and self-drive
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Consistent follow-up skills, demonstrated project management abilities.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents, please make your application through email@example.com before close of business 5th April 2019.
Include your cover letter and updated CV.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.