Job Vacancy: Research Nurse – LINDA KIZAZI / VIROME Project
Objective of this Position: To conduct home visits for an observational cohort study of mothers and infants in Nairobi, Kenya.
Work schedule: Full time (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday.
Location: Mathare North Health Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.
Contract Duration: One year with opportunity for extension.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Travel with a peer counselor/clinic assistant to study participants’ homes to perform research procedures.
- Coordinate with the clinic manager to schedule participant visits and obtain research supplies.
- Conduct patient interviews and physical exams to collect personal and medical information from mothers and their children.
- Record data in an electronic database using tablets; communicate with data manager to transfer records and maintain devices.
- Collect samples from mothers and their children, prepare and store specimens, and transfer samples to couriers.
- Respond to breastfeeding or medical concerns of mothers and children, referring participants to appropriate care as needed.
- Attend meetings with the clinic manager and/or study coordinator to discuss patient care and research activities.
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum KRCHN Diploma – Kenya Registered Health Nurse.
- Training in HIV Testing and counselling services – HTS
- 1 Years’ experience working in research (Preferably Community Home Based.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is an Added Advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, co-ordinate and accomplish tasks related to home visits including screening potential clients, consenting eligible participants and enroll them.
- Ability to ensure study participants confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as a member in a collaborative team.
- Responsive to communication with supervisors and team members.
- Counselling skills and ability to offer health education to lactating mothers in correct breastfeeding and infant.
- Clinical skills to identify sick mother /child through early recognition of danger signs and link them to appropriate care in timely manner.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send to email@example.com; their CV, Academic certificates and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions, expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts and email.
Closing date for applications is 16th March, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.