Job Opening: ICT Innovation Technician – Kakuma
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living.
With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and recently in Djibouti, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Reports to: Senior Business Incubation Officer
Liaises with: Area Manager, Kakuma LMIS ICT officer and HQ System Developer
Duty Station: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Settlement, Kenya
Job Summary: The ICT and innovation officer will support in the Business incubation center in Kakuma which is aimed at stimulating, growing and launching early-stage, technology and innovation based business and other enterprises. Its vision is to create globally competitive businesses and ICT based enterprises.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct day to day business advisory support to incubated businesses
2. Facilitate the Growth Wheel tool interventions or any related business development tools
3. Facilitate business compliance support to pre-incubated businesses
4. Facilitate and conduct capacity building workshops for the Incubates
5. Develop a client overview dashboard
6. Facilitate funding support for incubated companies through public and private sector funding mechanisms
7. Develop, and regularly update a database of the incubation portfolio
8. Regularly collate and consolidate reporting KPIs from incubated businesses
9. Participate in outreach programmes
10. Participate in ED/ESD internal and external projects
11. Undertake any other duty as assigned by the Line Manager
12. To keep up to date with the latest IT developments, legislative changes and strategic business requirements in order to develop relevant systems with a commitment to service delivery, total quality management and value for money.
13. To proactively support system upgrades in line with relevant deadlines and to maintain databases and information in accordance with the IT Security Policy, ensuring adherence to the Data Protection Act and information security principles.
14. To assist with the day to day running of all relevant ICT systems including (but not exclusively):
- Providing support for user calls, investigating and resolving issues and liaising with PUM expert and other contractors where required;
- Designing, developing and testing reports or other methods of data summary to meet the information needs of users and management using a range of relevant business applications;
- Developing complex letters, forms and other outputs as required;
- Configuring applications as requested by system users;
- Carrying out testing of application functionality as required and following upgrades;
- Monitoring and maintaining all relevant interfaces.
ICT Support Tasks;
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized
- Operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs for the Business Incubation;
- Sets up and configures Business Incubation desktop computers and peripherals.
- Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals for the Business Incubation unit;
- Tests programs, Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Maintains Business Incubation systems, databases and social media web pages;
- Designs and produces basic reports for Business Incubation;
- Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output;
- Transfers computer files between platforms; Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems;
- Acts as a customer liaison for the Business Incubation computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or;
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Relevant Degree in ICT, Computer Science etc/ Diploma in computer design and innovation with 3-5 years’ experience in IEC materials design.
- Advanced notions in computer literacy / data processing (Word, Excel, Access).
- Housing management specific software, i.e currently Northgate Housing.
- Business Intelligence; PLSQL; Oracle; SQL Server; Web Technologies; ASP.net; Microsoft SharePoint.
- Document Management Systems.
- Working with a diverse range of customers.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Matric; Facilitation; Presentation; Programming techniques and Databases.
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace.
- Project management skills.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 2nd May, 2019.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.
AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.
Selection will be done on a rolling basis.