The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa has been providing high quality care services in the Coast Region of Kenya for over 70 years.
The Hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:
Reporting to the Head of Nursing Services, the incumbent will monitor and provide continuous quality nursing care to all patients admitted in the unit and provide feedback to the Management to facilitate decision-making.
- To support and manage nursing staff within the unit ensuring that patients’ needs are assessed, care planned, implemented and evaluated, and that there is consultation and involvement of patient/relatives.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communication information, responding to requests, building rapport and participating in team problem – solving methods.
- Completes patient care requirements by participating in the effective and efficient management of the nursing resource to optimize skill mix and unit coverage at all times and follow up on work results.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contribute, as part of the multidisciplinary team, to the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, standards and protocols of the unit to ensure adherence to, and delivery of the highest level of patient care at all times.
- Maintain patient safety standards in the unit, participate in assigned quality initiative committees, ensuring the quality of patient care is assessed and implemented to ensure sustainability of standards of care and practice.
- Exercise and enforce the culture of safety policy in the institution
- Ensures monitoring of staff performance, appraisals and continued professional development in the unit.
- To increase and sustain patient satisfaction in the unit by ensuring patients and their relatives are given frequent timely feedback and are fully involved in care being given to them.
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; Ensuring Hand hygiene complince, enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Achieve financial objectives by participating in annual budget preparations, ensuring proper utilization of resources available in the unit, engaging departmental variance analysis and initiation of corrective actions.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience;
- Higher Diploma in Critical care/KRCHN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in critical care nursing.
- S/he should have strong leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus, partnering and networking at all levels.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills in the problem solving process.
- Ability to organize work load and identify priorities appropriately
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting applications is on 19th April, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”