The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa has been providing high quality care services in the Coast Region of Kenya for over 70 years.
The Hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:
Reporting to the Neurologist and the departmental head, the incumbent will provide efficient and safe neurophysiology studies services to the patients in a friendly and courteous manner while demonstrating leadership and management skills, high level of expertise and sound scientific knowledge of current practices.
- Ability to carry out nerve conduction studies , Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Assisting Neurologists in clinical neurophysiology with measuring electrical activity in the muscles during electromyography – EMG
- Conducting tests with patients by monitoring nerve pathway function in response to stimuli such as flashing lights or sounds (evoked potentials – EPs)
- Monitoring brain, nerve and muscle function while patients are asleep
- Using necessary tests to monitor the effects of drug treatments and medical procedures
- Able to Record and interpret data from tests
- Able to work with other medical staff to determine diagnoses and treatment
- Performing regular checks on all machinery and equipment.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience;
- Diploma in Neuro-physiology studies from a recognized Institution
- At least 4 years working experience in a neurophysiology Centre
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting applications is on 19th April, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”