Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity: Biomedical Engineering Technologist
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position of:
Biomedical Engineering Technologist
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Biomedical Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the maintenance of medical equipment, orientation and training of users and collaborate with contractors to ensure that all medical equipment are in good working condition.
- Develop and implement effective Planned Preventive Maintenance schedules to minimize machine downtime.
- Conduct training on medical equipment use and handling.
- Liaise with all relevant departments / stakeholders on acquisition of medical equipment and signing of service contracts.
- Maintaining job cards for each job assigned.
- Diploma in Medical Engineering.
- Registered by Association of Medical Engineering of Kenya (AMEK).
- 2 years working experience in medical equipment maintenance – experience in a busy medical institution is highly desirable.
- Good organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 26th April, 2019.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
A competitive compensation package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”