The Aga Khan University Hospital
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services.
AKUH,N is accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA).
The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 50 years.
Applications are invited from candidates who meet the requirements for the position of Quality Advisor in the Quality Department.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Quality Advisor will influence the culture of safety, implement quality improvement and patient safety initiatives and ensure the hospital is in full compliance with all accreditation and licensure standards at all times.
- Coordinate the development and review of quality and patient safety policies, procedures and processes.
- Integrate the hospital quality program into the department/unit agenda.
- Lead the assigned departments in conducting Root Cause Analysis
- . Support the enforcement and monitoring of compliance with the hospital quality and patient safety program in assigned departments.
- . Support assigned departments in optimal resource utilization and management of data Support the creation and management of Quality Variance Reports in assigned departments.
- . Support the aggregation and analysis of audit data
- . Continuously audit compliance with the hospital quality and patient safety program in assigned departments.
- . Provide clinical support to corporate clients.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- One position requires Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) or equivalent and the other requires medical background
- Health Management background would be advantageous
- Three or more years’ experience in direct and indirect clinical care initiatives in health care institution
- In-depth understanding of good clinical practice requirements
- Experience and knowledge of monitoring clinical functions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent data analytical and presentation skills
Candidates meeting the above requirements are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees and copies of certificates & testimonials, clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration to email@example.com so as to reach not later than 12th May 2019.
Please quote the position title on the email subject.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted