Location: Meru, Kenya
Overview: Sales is the first point of contact between awamo and the clients. The role entails selling and marketing the company’s products, approaching potential customers with the aim of winning new business, building and maintaining good relationships with existing clients and gaining repeat business.
Academic / Skills
- Bachelors’ Degree in an IT or business-related course – equivalent work experience will be considered as well
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Familiar with the use of Android and an excellent general IT user skills
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong Communication skills with strong business-related knowledge
- Fluency in English and other local languages specific to the area of operation
- 2 – 3 years working experience handling sales in a fast-paced environment preferably in the IT or financial sector
- Experience dealing with clients directly
- Proven track record of fast execution on tasks and on-time delivery of high quality results
- Capability to explain issues to clients in a well-structured and clear manner
- Commercial awareness and ability to thrive in competitive markets
- Fast thinker, creative and solution oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and rapport with clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to work remotely
- Confident, persistent and determined
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Willingness to work long or irregular hours
- Hard-working, organized, and able to deal with the pressure of delivering fast
- Willingness to perform against defined goals with a relevant variable pay component
Responsibilities & duties
- Generate leads, i.e. find potential new customers
- Demonstrate and present the company’s products to clients through sales visits, demos, trade exhibitions, conferences and any other medium to generate new and continued business for the company
- Negotiate the contract terms, provide customers with quotations and close the sale
- Create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding to generate new and continued business for the company where required
- Liaise with the branch manager to check the progress of existing orders and ensure client purchase requests are met in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Update clients on the new projects and features in the system
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers through regular interaction to ensure continued business and excellent user experience
- Promote the awamo brand and market through sales visits and representation of the company in the market
- Carry out regular market research on our product performance in the market and share the same with the support officers, branch manager and other relevant stakeholders for further action
- Gather market and customer information to understand customers’ businesses and requirements and coordinate with the product development team to enhance current design to suit the user’s requirements.
- Recording sales and order information and avail the same to the branch office in a timely manner for billing and collection purposes
- Regular and timely direct reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually) of activities done to supervisor
- Review and track sales performance in line with set performance targets and take corrective action where necessary to meet the targets
All interested candidates should apply through the careers page on our website; www.awamo.com.
No hard copy applications or applications sent through email directly will be accepted.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday 29th April 2019.