Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity: Budgets and Planning Manager
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa-Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit professionals for the following vacant position:
Budgets and Planning Manager
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will lead section of planning and budgeting (financial planning, developing budgets, data analysis, reporting writing, feasibility studies, special projects accounting and compliance for the hospital and its outreach centers.
- Lead the delivery of strategic plan, annual budget and monthly reports of the organization. This includes Staff Multiyear projections, Annual Budgets (Volume Budgets, Revenue Budgets, Operating Expenditures Budgets, Capital Equipment Budgets), monthly Budget Variance reports, monthly statistical reports, monthly financial reports, quarterly forecasts, and monthly reporting through partnerships with Senior Leadership Team and Departmental Managers.
- Lead costing section of the institution and do costing studies of the existing and proposed new service.
- Develop feasibility studies and reports of the proposed new service and advise management through financial and statistical analysis.
- Deliver or lead the development of financial and annual pricing models and analysis, including development of presentation materials as needed to address emerging and ongoing financial concerns.
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure efficient, effective and low-cost processes and reporting across the organization
- Ensure the Budgets & Planning staff assist clinical and program teams with ad hoc financial evaluations, package costing, and other financial feasibilities
- Lead the engagement, or engage in partnerships with Senior Leadership and Unit Managers to administer the financial and compliance aspects of special projects, CFAs and lead the preparation of financial reports for special projects
- Carry out the management accounting functions and ensure accuracy and timeliness of management reports and key management indicators for the hospital and its outreach centers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA (K) / ACCA
- 4 years of financial or business analysis experience and 2 years management accounting experience in a busy environment, preferably in a hospital setup.
- Excellent comment over written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills including complex modeling in MS Office (especially MS Excel) Strong presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Teamwork / Collaboration – Effective in working within and outside the formal line of authority
- Effectively handle pressures and demands of multiple customers and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary indicating the position title on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10/05/2019.
If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”