Vacant Position: Human Resource Intern
Job Summary: The HR Intern provides quality HR compliance and administrative support to The HR Team clients and teammates. This support is based from The HR Team office. Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering assistance and administrative support to HR generalists and consultants on various projects.
- Develop and Maintain HR Compliance Knowledge
- Begins to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the HR field.
- Develops a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Keeps abreast of Document retention requirements
Pursue an Attitude of Learning and Development
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Foster time management skills
- Assist in recruitment by coordinating the recruitment processes
- Manage Pre-Employment Processes
- Assist in on boarding, orientation and induction of new hires
- Maintain a satisfied level of customer satisfaction within the business
- Assist with the maintenance of personnel files (electronic and paper)
- Assist with employee retention activities such as monitoring staff welfare through the HR Helpdesk
- Assist with planning and organizing staff morale events and meetings
- Coordinating trainings and sharing reports on the status daily
- Involved in employee audits both physical and electronic
- Maintain the health and safety of employee’s work place
- Provide general HR administrative assistance
- Assist with other special projects as assigned
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
- Manage and Accurately Report Time and Expenses.
Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
Qualified and interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position on the Subject line.
All applications should reach us by 30th May 2019