Job Title: Lawyer – Conveyancing
- Provide legal opinion on matters relating to property & real estate.
- Offer advice to clients on the legal processes involved in purchasing & selling of property.
- Work to protect the interest of clients & ensure they are protected against fraud money laundering activities.
- Conduct research to identify legal ownership of properties by assessing government land registry documents or title deeds if the land is not registered to anyone.
- Prepare property lease agreements ensure contracts are signed on the scheduled date of transfer.
- Oversee the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the Lands Registry, Local Authorities, and Survey of Kenya & National Lands Commission.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders such as the mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors.
- Researching information and communicating with clients.
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements.
- LLB Degree from a recognized University
- Must be an Advocate of the High court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate
- Must have at least 4 years’ post work experience in a busy law firm
- Working knowledge of conveyancing, court rules & land registry procedures.
- Must have hands on experience in interpretation & application of legal texts, statutes, rules & regulations.
- Must be willing to work and be stationed in Nairobi
- Be computer literate
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work as a team
- Work with minimum or no supervision
- MALE candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Lawyer – Conveyancing) to email@example.com before 9th April 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted.