Our client in the FMCG industry seeks to hire a highly competent and self-driven Credit and Collections Accountant.
The credit and collection accountant will be tasked with applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
Division: Finance / Accounts
Reporting To: Head of Finance
Roles and Responsibilities
- Involved in developing the company credit policy in liaison with sales, financial and procurement management
- Handle major accounts, visit customers to audit the debtors
- Handle disputed accounts and negotiate to bring payments into line with terms
- Undertake complex reconciliations and compile documentation for legal action
- Obtain sufficient information to assess the credit worthiness of new and existing customers
- Improve departmental processes and procedures e.g. invoicing, follow up. Query management
- Negotiate with clients e.g. credit information, credit insurance and debt collection agencies
- Categorize customers by investment level risk, and reviews this as appropriate(trade credit)
- Liaise with the finance director to stop any supply of goods to overdue accounts, can instigate legal proceedings
- Protect the company’s interests at creditors meetings relating to insolvent customers
- Involved in internal and external audit exercise to provide information
- Any other duty assigned by the management
Key Performance Indicators – KPIs
- Active and timely Follow up on collections with Sales team, Key accounts and directly from clients
- Management of Debt to sales ratio at 25% for Kenya for all On-trade and Off-trade business categories
- Reconciled Debtors statement by 2nd day of the following month ensuring collections are done when due
- Credit control management by ensuring that you maintain correct information for the customers – maintain duly signed credit facility agreement forms, Bank Guarantees etc.
- Reports production – Accounts Receivables – Outstanding and collection reports as of 2nd day of the following month
- Authorizing/ Approving loadings to Sales team on Approved Outstanding debt status
- Maintain a customer data base & Updating clients contracts Monthly
- Monthly circulation of debtors statements & Quarterly debtors circularization for debt confirmation
- Daily confirmation of PODs and Filing of all documents relating to Credit sales
- Accurate Reports
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree Bcom (Finance/Accounting)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position and preferably in a FMCG
- Personal Credibility, Honest, Trustworthy & High Integrity
- Strong personality, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Very effective organizational skills
- Strong business ethics
- Attention to Detail
- Strategic focus
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Credit and Collection Accountant on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries