Ndithini Community Development Association
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
Credit Management Training
Reference: NCDA-RFQ0019/03/2019/4802 – KEN
The Nditihini Community Development Association (NCDA) established in 2004 and registered in 2005with a Vision for a united Ndithini where everybody has a voice, opportunity and respect for his or her rights and a mission “to enhance unity and empowerment of Ndithini community (residents and Diaspora) to participate, contribute and take collective responsibility in identifying and implementing development programs and addressing general and specific issues of concern to the area.”
The organization has grown from strength to strength, increasing its members to approximately 4,500 covering the entire Ndithini location. The association runs various projects and programmes, the most vibrant of which is the Village Bank.
As the organization grows, now is time to step back and reflect on the strengths of the organizations and areas for improvement to enhance the growth path.
Ndithini has received has received financing from United States African Development Foundation towards the procurement of the following items and services:
The objective of the consulting service is to provide Ndithini Community Development Association with technical support in strengthening their micro credit management to its members by providing them with a road map of carrying out a micro credit business and also assist them with the micro credit guidelines and policies that they will follow in lending to their members.
The scope of the assignment will include but not limited to:
The consultant will provide the following services:
- Micro Credit Management Training – Provide the Board and the management with technical support on Micro Credit guidelines and policies in carrying out savings and credit activities within the organization
- Work hand in hand with the management, members and the Board of Ndithini Community in the development of the micro credit policy manual
Responsibilities of Ndithini Community Development Association
The Association will provide the consultant with relevant available reports and other documents related to the assignment and will provide necessary information pertinent to the consultant’s work.
The management committee/enterprise manager will supervise and provide technical guidance to the consultant where necessary.
Responsibilities of the consultant
- Constitute a technical team that is responsible for undertaking the activity
- Collation of necessary primary and secondary data for development of the Business and Marketing Plan
- Develop the final report and submit to the assembly/community for approval
Timing: It is envisaged that the services will be provided for a period of two weeks
The consultant will work under the guidance of the board of management and the Enterprise Manager and will draft a report to the team during the activity period, for review.
The consultant will be required to submit 2 copies of the final report in an acceptable format to Ndithini Community Development Association through the Manager.
Requirements for Consultancy
- Certificate of registration
- Proof of experience in Credit Management Training consultancy services
- Valid KRA compliance certificate
- Curriculum Vitae of Lead Consultant (s) for the exercise, and, confirmation of their availability if work is offered
- Past experience in undertaking Business and Marketing Plan for fish farmers is an advantage
- The consultant shall carry out the study in a professional manner in keeping with accepted standards, using qualified staff with the necessary expertise. The Consultant shall endeavor to implement the assignment with diligence and within the time frame agreed upon in the contract.
Consideration for applications
- A company profile, including demonstrated ability to conduct this assignment, and specifying the relevant area of expertise in conducting Business Planning
- An elaborate approach and methodology, of carrying out the assignment
- Expected consultancy fee in Kenya Shillings
- Updated curriculum, vitae of the consultant (s) who will undertake the work that clearly spells out qualifications and experience.
- Reference contact of at least 3 organizations who have recently contracted the firm/consultant (s) to carry out similar or related assignment
Ndithini therefore invites qualified and interested consultants who meet the above listed minimum requirements to submit their expression of interest by April 19 2019 at 5.00pm through email: email@example.com; cc firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line should read CREDIT MANAGEMENT TRAINING.
The applications should be addressed to the Manager Ndithini Community Development Association.
Only shortlisted firms/consultants will be contacted, but contacts of those unsuccessful will be kept in our database for future considerations when similar opportunities arise.
Physical Address: Kiatineni Market, Kiatineni Sub-location, Ndithini location, Ndithini ward, Masinga Sub-County, Machakos county