East Africa Infrastructure Services Ltd
Position: Human Resource Manager
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Work Location: Nairobi
Role Summary: He / She will be responsible over the entire HR function of the organization. General aspect of the role will expect a strong leadership to the HR team to carry out routine human resources functions and the strategic aspect of the role will focus on developing HR strategies to enhance the overall HR experience to the firm. The role will stress on actual execution of tasks from day one and performance will be critically reviewed on the same basis.
Key Functions / Accountabilities
- Recruitment – Advising and leading the management team in talent acquisition and management including managing the recruitment process in a manner that ensures the right caliber of employees is hired and retained. Leading in Manpower planning, to ensure appropriate match between employees and jobs to be done.
- Record Keeping – Organizing and maintaining personnel records, updating internal HR databases and preparing of all HR related documents.
- Legal Compliance – Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance.
- Reporting – Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics
- Performance Management – Developing, reviewing and sustaining a robust performance management process and all related functions including staff appraisal, training, planning and incentive schemes.
- Organizational Culture Development and Succession Planning – Building a culture of continuous improvement in all operational areas and ensuring succession planning is in place at all levels.
- Working closely with the CEO, General Manager and Departmental Managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, performance management, on-boarding and exit planning etc.)
- Developing a HR budget based on the strategy and effectively managing it to ensure that cost management goals are achieved.
- Developing and implementing HR policies and procedures and monitor all HR activities and practices to ensure compliance.
- Managing industrial relations matters and offer training, advise and general guidance to managers and supervisors on labor laws and related market practices, to ensure a harmonious work environment.
- Leading in handling staff grievances in a prompt, conscientious manner while playing heed to the company’s business needs and policies.
- Coordinating and implementing of Human Resource Projects (Job Evaluation, Review of Scheme of Service, Review of HR policies, Review of HR processes and documentation, Manpower audits, managing all Insurance matters, liaising with departmental managers regarding training of new employees and offering HR support to all company staff.
- Responsible for safety management and training at the workplace, ensuring compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). This involves creation of programs such as company policies, training, investigating during cases of accidents and implementing post-injury follow up procedures for workers.
- Payroll Management – Administering of staff payroll and Benefits
Qualifications for this Position are;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies or Social Sciences from a recognized university
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- At least five years progressive work experience in a similar position with related responsibilities
- Practical experience in developing and implementing strategies for managing performance, motivation, change and culture management of staff of different diverse cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with the National and international Labour Laws
- Must be a member of IHRM
We urgently need to fill this position and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV including three referees to email@example.com not later than 10th April 2019.
Please indicate “HR Manager” as the subject line of your email.