Position: Night Auditor (Front Office)
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary Range: 30K – 35K
Job Summary: Our client, a busy hotel in town seeks to hire a Front Office Night Auditor, to check front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles information for the hotel’s financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts
- Processes guest charges vouchers
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Check to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in the system
- To verify that all charges posted from the POS had reached the correct guest
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day
- Verifies all account postings and balances
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities
- Summarizes results of operations for management
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Balance the day’s charges, making corrections as necessary
- Diploma in Accounts or CPA’s
- 3 years’ experience in a busy hotel as a front office night Auditor
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate phones, computer software, and other front office equipment
- A thorough understanding of general accounting and auditing concepts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Enthusiastic, reliable, honest and team player
- Ability to recognize and meet deadlines and achieve targets
If qualified and interested apply with CV stating your skills, experience and qualifications to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.