Job Title: Group Financial Accountant – Manufacturing
Gross Salary: 250k – 300k
Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions.
They are seeking to hire an experienced Group Financial Accountant who will be reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
S/he will ensure the effective financial running and rigorous control management and process disciplines.
S/he will interact with Internal, external customers and auditors.
- Supervising and managing operating companies’ month end close processes in accordance with group timelines
- Follow up with country operations to ensure maintenance of the General Ledger and that all balances are accurate and complete
- Take ownership of consolidated Book of Accounts, Review, sign-off and ensuring compliance, including monthly/ Quarterly /Annual closure as per IAS & IFRS standard.
- Drive review of country operations month-end balance sheet reconciliation files;
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of CWIP aging
- Ensure accuracy of operating countries’ inventories including coordination of periodic stock counts to identify variances in raw materials, spares and other stock items
- Oversee the completion of insurance renewals every year and coordination of forwarding of insurance claims and following up on payment per SLA
- Monitoring of daily/ weekly and monthly bank reconciliations and prompt resolution of aged reconciling items
- Coordinating accurate and prompt year-end financial closure and auditing of Operating Companies
- Preparation of the annual consolidated audited accounts and ensure timely completion and sign-off of group audited accounts
- Drive operating companies’ preparation of weekly 90-day cash flow forecasts
- Develop a review mechanism to ensure and measure compliance to relevant policies (Accounting policies, Shared services, SODA, etc)
- Quality assurance of audit items by ensuring corrective action on any gaps on controls identified from internal audits are addressed
- Ensuring request for approvals (RFA) for Capital Expenditure are done in accordance with SODA
- Develop internal tax policies e.g. Transfer Pricing Policy
- Ensure compliance to local tax laws e.g. PAYE, WHT, VAT, Compensating Tax (Dividend), etc including payments and returns
- Responsible for follow up on any tax claims
- Champion/ Module coordinator of the FI (Financials) SAP module
- Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s degree, CPA K/ ACCA
- Added advantage: ERP Experience (SAP), FMCG Experience, Tax experience
- Minimum 7 years in financial accounting.
- Must have experience working on SAP ERP, preferably SAP R3
- Working knowledge of internal controls – specifically at manufacturing site level.
- Decisive and Risk Pragmatic
- Resilient and energetic
- Ability to display a clear understanding of technical or professional aspects of work.
- Quickly learns and integrates new technical skills and knowledge; seeks out avenues to enhance technical knowledge.
- Compliance with company policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Advanced level skills in required software packages.
- Strong analytical thinker and decision-making ability to deal with issues of large span complexity.
- The ability to seek and consider all possible and relevant information conceptualize problems for problem solving and decision
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV and copies of your certificate quoting the job title on the email subject (Group Financial Accountant – Manufacturing) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2nd May 2019.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.