Job Advertisement for Study Staff
A study to be conducted in a health facility in Nairobi is seeking for short-term study staff.
The study, seeks for experienced and competent staff to support development of data collection tools and to support actual data collection.
Job Title: Programmer / Database Developer
Number of Positions: One (1)
Position Summary: The study will collect data in a public health facility in Nairobi County, Kenya. The study requires a programmer / database developer who will support the study through programming of data collection tools, development and maintenance of the study database and data management.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Program the data collection tool for chart abstraction into a software suitable for data collection as per study needs
- Design a stable, reliable and secure database for study data
- Perform database tests and modify database according to requests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Trouble shoot and resolve any electronic tool and database issues arising from the field during data collection
- Provide data management support to the study team
- Monitor data submission to the database and provide daily updates to the principal investigator during the data collection period.
- Participate in a training on the study protocol, including study procedures and ethics related to study conduct and study tools
- Other duties as appropriately assigned related to database management
Required Qualifications and Job Experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science, information technology or other relevant related field is required
- Proven work experience as a Database and electronic tools developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- An ability to understand front-end user’s requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Terms of Employment: This duration of engagement is over a period of 3 months for at approximately 50% FTE
Applications Should Include the Following
- Letter of Application
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
- Copy of national identification
- Copies of professional registration with appropriate professional body
How to Apply
Interested individuals who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications in hard copy by 4th April 2019 2.00 pm indicating the title of the position being applied for on the envelope.
Applications should be dropped at the reception at the National AIDS and STI Control Program, Afya Annex Ground floor reception in Upper Hill, Kenyatta National Hospital Grounds along Hospital Road
Applications should be addressed to the
Mental Health Study
National AIDS and STI Control Program
P.O Box 19636-00202
Kenyatta National Hospital