Our Client is currently hiring for a Health Worker.
Reporting to the School Principal and the Head of Administration.
S/he will be responsible for the general health education and welfare for the children at the school.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for:
- Setting up and evaluating proven standards for acute care and first aid provided by the school nurse with guidance and trainings by the health worker.
- Carrying out First Aid trainings officially recognized in general first aid and first aid in children for staff and students according to the age group in English language.
- Supporting a healthy school environment by implementing actions for general health promotion.
- Infection prevention according to the law regarding hygiene standards, infectious diseases and immunization.
- Early recognition of warning signs of possible health conditions by providing simple test procedures and specific counselling.
- Case conference with all professions involved for students with medical conditions, supporting students, parents and teachers to manage and cope with existing health conditions.
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with networking partners working in the health and educating sector.
- Person of trust for students to speak to about health or any related problems to arrange assistance accordingly.
- Health promotion and prevention by using existing and developing new educational material to educate children and staff on the importance of healthcare and a healthy lifestyle.
- Advocating for improved health resources and policies that promote good health and a healthy lifestyle.
- Playing a supporting teaching role for health related topics and projects in the school, providing educational material and tutoring students.
- Addressing and dealing with children who need to overcome drug and, or alcohol addictions.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant course.
- Certified Health Education Specialist Credentials, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years related experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak and understand a foreign language will be an added advantage.
Terms: Two year service contract.
Start Date: 1st August 2019
Canvassing shall lead to disqualification.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for and current or Last gross pay salary. (Health Worker Post-Current/Last Gross pay XXXXXX)
Deadline: 29th April 2019
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.
Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.