Job Title: Senior Program Associate
Industry: Public Health
Gross Salary: 120k – 140k
Our client is an international organization that raises awareness and provides high-level support to address public health challenges facing emerging economies.
The seek to recruit a Senior Program Associate to support the management to accelerate the development and delivery of life-saving technologies, policies and information.
- Make complex concepts accessible and actionable to a wide audience by developing strategies for creating key messages, fact sheets, social media posts and creative digital materials and mobilizing teams accordingly.
- Conduct research and synthesizing evidence to draft compelling narratives that resonate with varied target audiences – these could take the form of policy briefs, thought pieces or policy papers.
- Build strong relationships with top-tier media outlets to ensure reporting around public health issues we care about increases and is grounded in evidence.
- Elevate the voice and expertise of high-level influencers by providing them opportunities to be spokespeople, supporting them on media engagement activities.
- Liaise with partners to amplify voices around issues and ensure coordinated action.
- Follow and track trends in global health policies and fund opportunities to continuously innovate on strategy.
- Lead specific project work streams for projects with minimal oversight.
- Oversee tracking of program activities and progress towards project goals and deliverables; developing project reports and presentations.
- Communicate with senior management on progress and challenges, and ideating on potential solutions.
- Coach junior staff members on writing, client-facing interactions, and time management skills.
- Support senior management at client meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, international development, communications, journalism or related field required.
- At least 3 years working experience in health communications, public health or global development.
- Experience in journalism/ media industry is preferred due to the writing skills required for the role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point) and exceptional writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while paying attention to detail, quality and deadlines.
- Demonstrated competence working with stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Preference for Kenyan Nationals; must be eligible to work in Kenya.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Program Associate) to email@example.com before 25th April 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted