Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Finance
Division / Department: Finance
Immediate Supervisor: Head of Finance & Administration
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible for assisting the Head of Finance to manage, administer and coordinate activities in the financial accounting functions of the Finance Department. It will also involve ensuring smooth processing of work, maintaining acceptable levels of discipline, job performance and productivity.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating and controlling all financial accounting functions, ensuring all expenses are fully and properly accounted for, in accordance with company procedures and ensuring confidentiality in all financial transactions.
- Create and maintain all schedules relating to the company’s financials (Balance sheet, Income Statement, cash flow)
- Propose and maintain adequate provisioning in the company’s financials
- Provide the necessary information for internal and external audits and conducting financial investigations as necessary.
- Producing monthly and quarterly financial accounts.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all General Ledger Accounts
- Ensuring that records relating to staff deductions are properly maintained.
- Advice on staff deployment matters within the section
- Ensure accurate computation, remittance and payment of tax
- Timely Submission of returns to the commissioner of insurance
- Ensure all documentation pertinent to the financials is maintained
- Ensure that a fixed assets register is maintained and that all assets are readily identifiable.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce or equivalent.
- CPA(K)/ ACCA
- Eight (8) years relevant experience, two (2) of which should be at Middle Level Management
Competencies & Skills
- Financial Reporting
- Commercial Acumen
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic and analytical
- Risk management
- Great reporting & presentation
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE and apply on or before Friday, April 12th 2019.