Kwale International Sugar Company Limited (KISCOL) is looking for an experienced, self-driven Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist with a wealth of industry knowledge.
Department: Survey Department
Reports To: Surveyor
Job Summary: Responsible for using specialized equipment and computer software to create geographic maps which contain administrative borders, transportation networks and environmental resources
- Perform duties as a Geographic Information Specialist in support of the agriculture development program of the company.
- Obtain, digitize, manage and distribute authoritative standardized spatial information products and services for the execution of agriculture and out-grower strategies and plans.
- Obtain, digitize and maintain current spatial data layers and relational databases, compliant with current company standards.
- Provide direct service support to training of field agriculture staff and out-grower staff involved in the provision of extension and contracting services.
- Provide technical support for the creation and visualization of data layers and map products using arc GIS software products.
- Responsible for field data collection using Global Positioning Systems (GPS) technology
- Update GIS master database layers for spatial geometry and attributes and the metadata associated with each GIS data layer.
- Generate/re-generate standard map products and maintain, update and document GIS data standards and the specifications for digital area deliverables.
- Conduct and consult on data needs assessments.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and create ad hoc map products as required.
- Review technical requirements to meet data development objectives and perform quality assurance on data deliverables received for inclusion in the GIS.
- Provide consultation GIS planning and resolution of issues, technical assistance and training and liaison with users.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Survey, Geographical information system, Remote Sensing or any other related field.
- Must be registered by professional body.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience
- Experience in Agricultural sector preferred
- Proven work experience as a GIS or similar role
- Hands-on experience with relevant computer software e.g. AUTOCAD
- Familiarity with GPS technology
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Qualified individuals are invited to send their application along with detailed CV to email@example.com indicating the Position as the Subject of the email.
To be considered, your application must be received on/before the 9th May 2019.