Kwale International Sugar Company Limited (KISCOL) is looking for an experienced, self-driven Irrigation Engineer with a wealth of industry knowledge.
Department: Irrigation Department
Reports To: Head of Irrigation
- Conduct and document topographic, cross sectional and longitudinal surveys of the command areas for irrigation areas planned, and advice on the siting, design and construction of all irrigation infrastructures required.
- Ensure appropriate sustainable systems, consider and propose designs/plans, and advice on the extraction pumps to be used for irrigated cane farming which will efficiently achieve expansion and increase of irrigated cropping in the company’s cane farming operations.
- Check and verify all individual site plans, profiles, designs and cost estimates for complete irrigation projects, including all appropriate irrigation infrastructure e.g. field turnouts, drop structures etc.
- Based on the site conditions and individual site – research knowledge of soil type/ structure/characteristics, determine and identify source of cost – effective, sustainable and appropriate irrigation system for the entire conveyance to the cane fields.
- Prepare bills of quantities (BOQs) and CAD drawings for irrigation infrastructure.
- Provide and verify specifications and quality of all construction materials to be utilized.
- Prepare work plans for the construction of irrigation infrastructure.
- Oversee construction, implementation by contracted labor and certify all irrigation infrastructure work carried out as required.
- Contribute to proposals related to investments in irrigated cane farming and the construction of irrigation infrastructure, floods control and river flow management structures for further expansion of irrigation areas and infrastructure.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural and Bio systems Engineering, Biomechanical and Processing or Soil and Water Environmental Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Be registered by Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)/Kenya Technologists Registration Board. (KETRB)
- Have current valid annual practicing license from the Engineers Board of Kenya/ KETRB
- Have corporate membership with the institution of engineers of Kenya (IEK)./KETRB
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience
- Hands-on experience with relevant computer software and ability to relate them to the irrigation and drainage function.
- Proficiency in computer aided design ( Auto Cad)
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Qualified individuals are invited to send their application along with detailed CV to email@example.com indicating the Position as the Subject of the email.
To be considered, your application must be received on/before the 9th May 2019.