Job Vacancy: General Manager – Manufacturing, Nairobi
We are looking forward to hire a general manager who will be responsible for designing strategy and setting goals for growth, controlling budgets and optimizing expenses and ensuring the employees are motivated and productive.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit’s employees.
- Define and implement policies and performance standards.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide additional coaching and support as needed.
- Assess departmental and company performance and devise plans for improvement.
- Manage profit and loss statements and account for costs and revenues.
- Allocate budget resources for supplies, equipment, marketing, and personnel.
- Perform market research and complex analysis of possible opportunities.
- Provide suggestions for business growth.
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved.
- Degree in Business Management or any business related course.
- Master’s in Business Administration or Strategic Management.
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role for not less than 5 years.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability and experience in planning and budgeting.
- Proficiency studies will be considered as a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 20th April 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.