Vacant Position: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant – Kwale
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Founded as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina in 1958, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. It has a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people.
RTI International is currently seeking one staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES) in Kenya that aims to enhance employability of Kenyan youth (Ages 18-35) for increased wage and self-employment, underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
The K-YES is a 5 year activity that will result in increased workforce competitiveness in the sectors targeted by this program.
We seek to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant to be based in Kwale Office.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant – Kwale
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant is responsible for supporting the county team in collating and submitting both administrative, program output data and providing support in other office work including administrative work.
Under the supervision of the Senior County Coordinator and in close collaboration with the Senior Program Specialist (Technical Vocational and Education Training (TVET) Specialist.
She/he will be responsible for daily tasks related to monitoring, collection of data, updating the data base, supervising TOT`s, support in youth mobilization and other admin work.
- Ensure that reports on field activities conducted in the county are reported accurately and timely, while ensuring that all documents associated with each sub-activity is filed (electronic and paper form).
- Compile and enter beneficiary data for all trainings into database management information systems or any other established systems with help of K-YES County team and ensure quality of the data by verification and validations,
- Prepare M-PESA payments files for all K-YES beneficiary for the trainings undertaken or any other related activity,
- Provide monthly auditing of activities to check all necessary documents have been filed
- Collate information for each partner, tracking activities and alerting county staff when issues arise.
- Generate output data reports in communication with the M&E unit in Nairobi to ensure data reported in the field and in Nairobi is compatible.
- Reconcile training expenditure with the attendance sheets for data entry into TraiNet systems
- Support all accounting procedures of the KYES Initiatives together with field offices in recording and retrieving financial details of the organization including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling, downloading data into excel and manipulating it on a training site (Zone/County) basis
- Ensure completeness of the documents and supports with data entry and validation for mobile money payments.
- Support with any other administrative and program activities and assignment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Education / Administration, Organizational / Business Administration, International relations, Counselling Psychology, Social Science or a related field.
- Strong project management skills and attention to details.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with private sector actors/employers.
- Previous experience working on USAID funded programs an advantage.
Desirable skills for the post: Excellent report writing skills, negotiation skills, Computer skills and presentation skills.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th April, 2019.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email.
Locals are encouraged to apply.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
“No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email email@example.com’’
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V