Our client, a Non-Governmental Organization that promotes good governance seeks to recruit a Communications Officer to be based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Campaign Coordinator, the Communications Officer will be responsible for high quality Communication and Project activity implementation.
Job Purpose: Overall responsibilities of communications and branding, social media and mass media management, partnership building and coordination, training, program implementation, budget management and reporting and fundraising.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communication and Project activity implementation which includes: Website and social media support, photography and videography, and General media / communication support.
- Support communication initiatives across the organization including media advocacy, production and dissemination of quality publications and IEC materials;
- Manage communications, brand and support strategy, ensure delivery of the Campaign’s objectives and design materials for diverse external constituencies.
- Logistical support in planning for activities that includes: Preparing detailed activity reports for internal and external meetings. Managing project resources and preparing financial reporting on activity costs
- Ensure the day-to-day effectiveness of project delivery, noting and reporting on any areas where improvements are possible and or necessary.
- Design and implement training programs for journalists and management of journalists’ grants;
- Map out and mobilize journalists, activists, CSOs and other partners for public forums, events and other outreach activities;
- Develop appropriate fundraising strategies as well as sustainable alternative revenue sources.
- Implementation of crowd funding for social campaigns
- Assisting in mapping out potential donors for the Campaign.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, International Relations, Media, PR or Communication Studies, Development Studies or related courses from a recognized university;
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience working in the media field;
- Experience in working directly with communities and Civil Society Organizations;
- Experience with use of computer programs including MS Office;
- Familiarity with the lands rights, human rights, education and public accountability based advocacy approaches.
- A person of high integrity
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to improve program quality;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrable presence, skills and passion in using technology and social media platforms;
- Relationship building and maintenance;
- Work well in a team and individually;
- Good analytical and project administration skills;
- Creative capacity to document using photography and audio-visual documentation;
- Direct experience working with digital, print, radio and television;
- Ability to speak up and proactively raise issues.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letter to email@example.com clearly quoting “Communications Officer” on the email subject line not later than 29th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity recruiter and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.