National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
The Board of Trustees, National Social Security Fund (NSSF) one of the largest public funds in Kenya wishes to fill the position of Managing Trustee.
As the Fund’s Managing Trustee, the holder will be responsible for the day to day running of the Fund under the direction of the Board of Trustees to ensure contributors funds are optimally managed and released to enable members to retire with dignity.
This shall be done by formulating a clear strategy and setting agreed tasks and targets which shall be reviewed with the Board on a regular basis. The Managing Trustee will therefore provide the leadership, motivation and guidance to ensure that the staff are motivated and focused.
The job will involve among other responsibilities; the following:
- Ensure that contributions by members are paid in full and on time.
- Determine claims to benefits, and make payments thereof.
- With the approval of the Board, initiate programmes and strategies for advancing the objectives of the Fund in general or for educating and mobilizing members of the public, or organized groups to become members of the Fund.
- Facilitate the preparation of the budget, strategies, operational proposals, annual plans and corporate policies for discussion by the Board and implement decisions and resolutions adopted by the Board.
- Consistently strive to achieve the financial and operating goals of the Fund.
- Ensure the effective management of the Fund, foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes ethical practices in respect to the Fund.
- Ensure that there is effective communication between Management and the Board, between different levels of Management as well as between the Fund, Government and the other stakeholders.
- Maintain a conducive work environment to attract, retain and motivate employees, and foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
- Perform such other functions as assigned by the Board from time to time.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Masters Degree in any one of the following; insurance, law, accounting, actuarial science, economics, banking, finance or commerce, strategy, human resource from a university recognised in Kenya.
- Not less than ten (10) years of working experience at managerial level in any one of the following; insurance, law, accounting, actuarial science, economics, banking, finance or commerce, strategy, human resource, pensions or administration of schemes.
- Have certification in corporate governance.
- Registered with a recognised professional body.
- Proven leadership and entrepreneurial skills, change management and strategic planning expertise and good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of IT.
- Management of an organization of similar size or complexity.
- Compliant to the requirements of Chapters Six (6) and Thirteen (13) of the Constitution of Kenya.
Candidates interest in the above position must submit the following:
- Application Letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of Certificates and National Identity Card.
- Names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three (3) Referees.
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Send your application by hand or courier and email. All applications must be clearly marked “Managing Trustee Position” on the envelope.
The application should be addressed to:
Board of Trustees
National Social Security Fund
NSSF Building, Block A, 3rd Floor
P.O Box 30599-00100
All applications must be received on or before Thursday 9th May 2019.
NSSF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification; note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
OUR SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT ALL HUDUMA CENTRES COUNTRYWIDE