Full time job opening for a fully qualified highly committed and dedicated Nurse.
Reporting to the Head Nurse s/he will be responsible for the following:
Provide care that is directed towards achieving health gains for the patient recognizing the unique needs of the individual patient and the role of the family in the provision of total care.
Provide skilled nursing services in accordance with the orders of a physician and / or under a plan of care.
Duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Monitoring of vital signs during home care; blood pressure, heart rate, temperature and oximeter statistics
- Monitoring of blood glucose levels, and providing teaching and support for client and family
- Preparation and/or administration of medications including Pre-Pour Medications, Pre-Load Syringes as required;
- Medication monitoring and support for clients with acute or chronic health conditions;
- Observing skin colour, texture and general condition to find infection early in clients
- Wound assessment and dressing changes
- Monitor and care of catheters and ostomy
- Skilled in I.V. Therapy and P.I.C.C. Lines
- Provide Advanced Foot Care
- Monitor pain control
- Cardiac Assessments
- Supervision/health teaching and support for family and caregivers on regular basis;
- Ability to assess mental status
- Report concerns and/or changes in clients health to Head Nurse and/or service manager or other health care
- Provide continuous supportive care and advanced clinical nursing skills in a home care setting;
- Implement nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan;
- Describe, evaluate and document client’s/family’s/caregivers responses to care plans utilizing established procedures;
- Utilize appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family/caregiver;
- Describe and document nursing processes clearly, concisely, accurately and appropriately, according to Health Services standards;
- Evaluate client’s/families/caregiver’s responses to care plan for achievement of realistic client-centered outcome and advises Head Nurse as required;
- Respect client’s choices and decisions;
- Establish teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Maintain and reinforce confidentiality and disciplines of information.
- Ability to deliver effective home care
- Ability to function effectively both independently and as a team member
- Highly motivated and committed to professional nursing development
- Ability to provide effective and accurate information through exceptional communication skills
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing /or holder of a 3-4 year Diploma
- Professional Nurse Registration in country of origin
- Current Intermediate life support certification
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience community based nursing practice
- Experience in neonatal, pediatric or adult home care service
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application, and CV to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.