Our Client, a leading trading company dedicated to continuously provide better service to customers all around the world, and pursue customer satisfaction with constant efforts and passion in fitness seeks to recruit an Occupational Health and Safety Officer (OHS).
Category: Experienced Duration: Contract
Overall Purpose of the role: The overall role of this position is to ensure compliance and total adherence to Occupational Health and Safety Procedures and policies.
- Review OHS assessment and control self-assessment actions and create an action plan
- Close off the pending actions from all type of assessments
- Close off actions from accident and incident investigations
- Review and understand OHS maturity assessment and create an action plan to close the gaps
- Plan OHS activities (risk assessments, inspections, trainings etc.) and create an OHS plan
- Deliver the OHS trainings for both service engineers and managers
- Support Installations managers in OHS management in projects
- Liaise with OHS officers and operational managers to plan risk assessments
- Conduct risk assessment both on customer sites and office
- Conduct OHS inspections
- Prepare local OHS procedures (Adapt from OHS at customer sites manual)
- Coach organization managers for risk assessment application
- Follow up legal register and regularly inform OHS officer
- Follow up the markets KPIs
- Prepare regular reports for OHS steering committee
- Support OHS officer for investigation and reporting of incidents and accidents
- Advice on actions to improve OHS culture
- Prepare competence development program for function managers
- Organize well-being programs
- Prepare tool-box talks
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or any a related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant job experience i.e. OHS capacity preferably in a manufacturing / logistics set up.
- Professional qualification in OHS
- Practical experience in Kenyan OHS regulations and the use of formal OHS risk assessments.
- Taking initiative and work with minimum supervision
- Organization and Planning
- HSE Training is desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Organized, rigorous and precise. Must also have good reporting skills
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with clients & team members
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 2/5/2019.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer