One Acre Fund
Job Title: Global Insurance Specialist
Job Summary: Seeking an analytical professional to support & improve our insurance program across 7 countries of operation.
Job Description: One Acre Fund has crop, funeral and health insurance policies, aimed at supporting farmer resilience to shocks, and ensuring One Acre Fund can continue its impactful work in a financially sustainable way.
The insurance specialist will work alongside our insurance associate to run & improve One Acre Fund’s insurance program. This includes supporting with planning & coordination of One Acre Fund’s insurance programs as well as helping test improvements.
This role includes navigating relationships with different One Acre Fund stakeholders across countries and external actors such as insurance companies and donors. As this role develops, there is potential for the insurance specialist to lead specific projects & trial improvements to One Acre Fund’s insurance offering.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategy and Vision
- Contribute to the One Acre Fund’s Insurance goals and planning processes for each country team
- Measure progress against goals and hold team accountable to delivering results in key strategic areas.
- Drive their team to scale our program to more clients efficiently, while maintaining a high level of service.
- Support with planning & coordination throughout the season in each country of operation
- Support with data analysis to evaluate different insurance policies, helping One Acre Fund select the best value for farmers & the organisation
- Liaise with external parties to maintain insurance program, including data cleaning & analysis
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests from external & internal stakeholders
Enterprise Risk Management Monitoring
- Maintain tools that ensure One Acre Fund has fully visibility into our organisational risks, including dashboards to support One Acre Fund leadership in making informed decisions about enterprise risk
- Support with analysis to evaluate areas that One Acre Fund can improve Enterprise Risk Management
- Potential: owning a project to source new policies for specific Enterprise Risk Management risk
Research & Product Improvements
- Conduct reviews of case studies on market trends & developments in insurance, distilling key takeaways for One Acre Fund
- Monitoring insurance landscape & key players, noting areas for partnership
- Potential: Scope product design improvements for e.g. Funeral or Health Insurance
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree is required for this position with strong demonstrated previous work experience
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Excel and/or Google sheets required
- Well-organized with demonstrated experience managing projects with high degree of complexity and detail
- Ability and demonstrated experience to work under pressure, producing quality work with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Willingness to ask questions, comfort pointing out challenges or mistakes and an ability to give clear, direct
and professional upward and downward feedback
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of Kenya for at least two years
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Location: Kigali or Nairobi
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Kigali or Nairobi
Application link: https://grnh.se/426610a41
Closing date: 30 May 2019.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.