Job Vacancy: Packaging Officer – Fruits and Vegetables
Our client in the export and import of fresh fruits and vegetables seeks to hire a packaging officer.
S/he will be tasked with analyzing and determining all standards for packaging lines and ensure compliance to all schedule for processes and develop and maintain all packing orders effectively.
Salary: 30k – 35k
Roles and responsibilities
- Monitor and recommend improvements in processes to increase efficiency of packaging department and monitor inventory for warehouse and maintain records of all physical transactions and prepare documents for same.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to packaging schedule and assign specific tasks to all employees and monitor all packing equipment’s and supplies.
- Coordinate with quality and warehouse departments to monitor everyday activities of units and ensure efficient working of both manufacturing and packaging department and ensure continuous improvement in same.
- Manage all work according to packing schedule and maintain an inventory of materials and completion of all projects with required timeframe.
- Develop team environment in department and resolve all packing issues in coordination with quality department.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all external vendors and contractors and improve efficiency process through incorporation of new technology.
- Implements quality control check to ensure the packaging meets environment, health, and safety regulations
- Responsible for stacking and piling goods into their correct containers and preparing them for shipment using various equipment.
- Provides staff with directions on materials and equipment for each package.
- Review packing lists as well as mark and label containers
Skills and Qualifications
- Major in agriculture or relevant course, diploma above
- At least 3 years’ experience in veggies/fruits packing
- Familiar with veggies and avocados packing process will be an added advantage
- Can be well acquainted with the demands from each different markets（Europe，middle east）
- Responsible for the total workshop management, secure each customer`s order.
- The ability to work well with others
- Physical skills like movement, coordination, dexterity and grace
- Should be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Packaging Officer – Fruits and Vegetables on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries