Our client, one of the leading Paint manufacturers seeks to recruit an Area Sales Manager for the Central Region.
The ideal candidates should have solid experience in building materials, distribution channels and marketing.
The Area Sales Manager – Central Kenya Region will cover Sales & Collection, Dealer management & Network expansion, Distribution & Dispatch, Depot operation management, Commercial, Marketing and Sales Team performance review & tracking related job responsibilities:
Salary: Ksh 100,000 – 250,000 (Depending on Experience)
Core Job Functions:
- Sales and Collection target setting & monitoring, Sales Planning and forecasting.
- Manages an assigned geographic area to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales team.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales volume/value and GP.
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales team to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and maintaining effective, efficient and professional sales team.
- Co-ordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Supports and facilitates sales team in all day-to-day sales activities.
- Co-ordination and co-operates with sales team to meet day to day business requirements.
- Scheduling diaries; updates sales team by consolidating, analysing, and forwarding daily action summaries.
- Maintains customer database by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing weekly/monthly reports.
- Keeping track of value, volume & focus products sales targets.
- Provides projection v/s sales results by preparing and forwarding sales tracking reports
- Prepares sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials and distributing the same to the sales team.
- Provides product, promotion, and pricing information to the sales team & customers; selecting appropriate information; forwarding information; answering questions.
- Tracks sales expenses by tracking, consolidating, analysing, and summarizing expenses; before forwarding for reimbursement.
- Product complaint handling: deploying proper product complaint management system & record keeping. Receiving, managing & timely redressal of product complaints.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Accomplishment of departmental and organizational goals by achieving desire results.
Details Of Job Function:
1. Sales and Collections:
- Sales and Collection target setting territory wise / dealer-wise / product wise in accordance with the broad supervisory guidelines of Head of Sales.
- Sales Forecast – preparation of Sales Forecasts for the Territory / Area assigned Sales Person wise/ dealer wise /product wise with pro action.
- Designing & implementing dealer schemes. Develops specific plans to ensure sales volume growth in all major focus products.
- Collaborates with Head of Sales to develop sales strategies to improve market share in major markets in Nairobi as well as in important product lines.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping with current market supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Focus to increase footfall at our showrooms and putting best efforts for effective utilization of showrooms to increase sales of super premium, premium and textures & designers’ finishes
- Track, collate and interpret sales figures. Generate timely sales reports.
2. Dealer management and network expansion:
- Assists sales team in establishing personal contact and rapport with top customers. Lead the top-to-top meeting with key customers to ensure strong relationship and remove business obstacles, aligning with long term company direction. Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts. Possibly dealing with some major customer accounts by ASM himself.
- Performs sales activities on major accounts and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with head of sales.
- Ensuring regular visits of Sales Team to the dealers’ outlet and filling up Dealer Health Cards during their visit.
- Ensuring that all the communications are documented as per HOD guidelines and approvals only and no verbal commitment is given to the dealers on product pricing, schemes, cash discounts, Sales-collection linked benefits etc.
- Ensuring that the Customers-Dealers are served for their requirements in the quickest possible time to ensure Dealer Satisfaction particularly in issues pertaining to customer service, logistics, accounting etc.
- Monitoring DU performance and ensuring effective utilisation of DU by selling super premium & premium products.
- Investigate lost sales and customer accounts. Design corrective action plan immediately to ensure minimum damage that to be recovered in short span of time.
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding new market and new customer base. Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Educates sales team for new dealers’ grooming, sales and growth, sales of new & focus products and improving product depth, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research. Keeping up to date with products and competitors.
3. Distribution and Dispatch:
- Co-ordinates with distribution Dept for accurate & timely delivery for dealers’ servicing.
- Resolves order and inventory problems by investigating data and history; identifying alternate means for filling orders; notifying sales team and customers.
- Keeping eyes on weekly forecasting of KANBAN, top 50 SKUs and indenting for other SKUs as per requirement.
- Adherence to the Credit Control Policies and ensure Dealers outstanding levels within control & approved limits.
- Ensure account reconciliation will be done with dealers by sales team on monthly basis and balance confirmation will be received from dealers on quarterly basis.
- Maintaining effective rapport with the credit control team for ensuring that the Dealer Accounts are updated and dealers are supplied necessary accounting statements along with CN well in time to avoid confusions.
- Keep close track and control on Sales return and Check return ratio sales person wise & dealer-wise to maintain commercial discipline.
- Ensure proper brand visibility through branding (in-shop & outdoor), dealers’ sign board, local BTL activities etc.
- Ensuring proper product positioning in dealers’ outlet, availability and display of POP material at dealers’ outlet, Product USP brief to dealers’ counter staff with the help of training team to enhance secondary sales.
- To keep track of local events and celebrations to explore the possibilities of getting associated with it to improve brand image and Sales volumes.
- Submitting recommendations for sales promoters for in-shop selling, branding requirements, and promotional material requirements as per business priorities in accordance with local / territory requirements.
- Submitting recommendations for painters’ training program, counter staff training program, dinners with dealers, Koroga, dealers’ meet, painters’ & dealers’ factory visits etc.
- Collaborates with head of sales to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade expenses.
- Develop innovative promotional ideas and material.
- Focus on Loyalty Programs to increase Painter’s Participation.
6. Team Performance Review and Tracking:
- Performance tracking of all sales team at the depot and initiating necessary measures for target achievement & performance improvement.
- Manage Sales team to ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward and individual recognition.
- Holds regular weekly meeting with sales staff to reviews sales progress against plan.
- Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity and HK rating.
- Recruit new staff into team focusing on strong sales competencies and ensure that they perform well through coaching and monitoring skill.
- Identifying training needs of sales team and recommending for suitable training program.
- Checking, monitoring & reviewing sales with sales team on weekly basis and provides prompt resolutions to issues/queries/suggestions/feedbacks
- Ensure adherence to all sales policies, practices and procedures.
- Reward & Penalty: Sales Team Reward & Penalty in consultation with HR for timely appreciation & penalty.
- Degree in sales and Marketing or any other applicable business degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in FMCG Industry with a bias on building materials (Paint, Cement etc)
- Candidates with experience in similar role in building industry will have an advantage
- Experience working within Central Region required.
- Strong personality with proven track leading regional sales teams
- Provable track record driving ambitious sales targets
- An operations superstar with expert understanding of the distribution channels and models within the industry
How to Apply
If you believe that you meet the criteria set above and meet the threshold for this position, please sent us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “AREA SALES MANAGER – CENTRAL REGION”.
Applications should reach us not later than 30th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.