Plant Operator (Graduate Trainee)
Location: Thika, Kiambu county
Our client, a manufacturer of hygiene products, is hiring a Plant Operator (Graduate Trainee) to join their company.
Job purpose: The purpose of this job is to provide leadership to operate the machine, and prepare shift operations to achieve production targets along with quality and other specified goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Development of a broad and deep knowledge of machine equipment and support for the smooth functioning.
- Work closely with other plant operators to ensure production and shift handing over are done effectively.
- To ensure effectiveness of all processes internal and external.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports for the shift to engineer
- Motivate and ensure high performance from the team during the shift operation.
- Actively participate in the plant improvement activities
- Preparation of Standard Operating Procedures for the working processes
- Maintaining the shop floor clean & hygienic by participating in 3’s Patrols.
- Ensure quality control of all company production output during the shift operation.
- Ensure all statutory compliances during the production process.
- Support engineers in machine downtime to rectify the problems.
- Working with enthusiasm to overcome the errors and indulge in increasing the efficiency of machine.
- Working safely, and creating & maintaining the safe environment to others.
- Other duties as assigned by the management.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Fresh graduate who graduated 1 or 2 years ago (maximum)
- Work experience of at least 1 year in a manufacturing set-up will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Team player with good attitude towards work and colleagues.
Reports to: Shift Engineer
Direct reports: Maintenance Technician, Machine Operators
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 26tth April 2019
Correspondence: Detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.