Job Vacancy: Quality Controller – Fruits and Vegetables
Our client in the export and import of fresh fruits and vegetables seeks to hire a Quality Controller.
S/he will be Responsible for inspection on fruits & veggies to ensure that they meet the quality requirements.
S/he will implement and monitors procedures, standards and specifications aimed at meeting a company’s food quality goals.
Salary: 30k – 35k
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contributes to development of department mission, strategy, programs, and operating budget
- Collaborates with key internal customers in order to provide effective and efficient support against project objectives and timelines
- Review customer feedback and respond to any complaints.
- Prepare reports on food quality status to relay to owners and upper-level management and keep records of all tests and inspections that have been conducted.
- Developing and reviewing existing safety and quality policies,
- Inspecting the workplace for compliance and identifying any areas of concern,
- Provides support for achieving compliance to company requirements.
- Selects and manages third-party auditing services to validate supplier compliance. Uses auditing data to identify risks and opportunities for improvement for each supplier.
- Monitors effectiveness of ongoing training program on in-store safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- Inspect the food products to ensure they are safe and of a high quality before releasing them to the market.
- Use a checklist to confirm products are packaged safely, and have expiration dates and instructions about storage and use.
Skills and Qualifications
- Major in agriculture, food science or closely related course , diploma and above
- At least 3-5 years above experience in veggies and avocados quality control
- Previous experience in sensory and quality evaluation of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables will be an added advantage
- Have cutting-edge analytical skills,
- The ability to identify problems in products,
- A keen eye for details and consistent study on quality-related issues.
- Familiar with include the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) management system
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly and react positively to new and challenging opportunities
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-changing environment
- Familiarity with food regulations
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Quality Controller -Fruits and Vegetables on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries